Churchville Library and
Location of Project: Churchville, MD
Owner: Harford County Department of Public Works
Owner Address: 212 South Bond Street, Bel Air, MD 21014
Owner Representative: Ray Johnson
Owner Phone Number: 401-638-3285
Commissioning Authority: Complete Commissioning, Inc.
Date Awarded: April 2009
Date Complete: Ongoing
General Contractor: TBD
Architect: Edmeades and Stromdahl, LTD.
Project is a new 35,000 ft2 single-story branch of Harford County Public Library and Harford County Department of Parks and Recreation. Complete Commissioning is providing full service commissioning from the design phase through end of the construction period. The library is registered with LEED to achieve a LEED Silver designation. Scope and systems to be commissioned are listed below.
LEED Fundamental Commissioning (EA Prerequisite 1, LEED NC 2.2) process to include the following tasks:
- Serve as individual CxA to lead commissioning process activities
- Review of BOD and OPR documentation for completeness.
- Incorporation of commissioning requirements into construction documents
- Commissioning plan development, construction phase.
- Commissioning test form development with Construction Team
- Commissioning meeting coordination
- Commissioning log generation and distribution
- Pre Functional Test (PFT)
- PFT will be verification of installation and operation of main equipment such as Water Source Heat Pump (WSHP) Units, Geothermal pumps, Well fields, fans, ventilation units, other cooling equipment, water heater systems, Building automation system, lighting fixtures and controls.
- Functional Performance Testing (FPT)
- FPT will be verification of performance for main equipment such as WSHP Units, Geothermal pumps, Well fields, fans, ventilation units, other cooling equipment, water heater systems, Building automation system, lighting fixtures and controls.
- Final Commissioning Report/ Closeout Documentation
LEED Enhanced Commissioning (EA Credit 3, LEED NC 2.2) process to include the following tasks:
- Verify OPR and BOD comments have been addressed.
- Commissioning review of 35% and 95% construction documents
- Submittal Review provided by the general contractor for compliance with OPR and BOD.
- Operation & maintenance manual review
- Development assistance of Systems manual for operating staff.
- Systems training and recordation (DVD) verification, Training by contractor
- 10 Month Warranty & building operation review
LEED Commissioning of the following building systems:
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning)
- ATC (Automatic Temperature Controls)
- Lighting and day lighting controls
- Domestic hot water systems
- Renewable energy systems